Skills Support for the Workforce (SSW) is a programme developed to upskill employees within small and medium-sized businesses in the hospitality sector in Worcestershire. SSW provides recognised accredited qualifications and bespoke training courses to enhance your employees’ skills, increase the competitiveness of your business and boost the local economy.
SSW is co-financed by the Education and Skills Funding Agency and the European Social Fund. This means you can access a wide range of training at no cost* to your business. *subject to eligibility
What’s on offer?
• A training needs analysis for your business, identifying the skills you need to support your business ambitions
• Flexible training – pick full qualifications or mix and match individual units to suit your business
• On-the-job vocational training to meet individual and business needs including taught learning, workplace assessment, distance learning and online learning
• Learning pathways for your employees enabling them to progress within your organisation onto higher level qualifications or apprenticeships
• Recognised accredited qualifications and training courses to enhance your employees’ skills
How could you benefit?
• A more efficient business with improved profitability
• A highly skilled workforce delivering quality outputs for your customers and improving business performance
• Improved staff satisfaction and motivation, reducing staff turnover
• A wider appeal to new recruits
• Competitive advantage in your marketplace and improved chance of winning new business
A wide range of training is on offer through our network of expert training providers including:
• Food and Beverage Service
• Food Service
• And many more…
SSW in Worcestershire is managed by Serco in partnership with Worcestershire Local Enterprise Partnership (WLEP). Serco delivers the training through a network of expert training providers.
Contact Serco’s SSW team today to find out about training for your business: