Designed specifically for a new business, less than 3 years old.
For businesses in their first 3 years of trading, this membership level provides a gateway to Chamber membership for start-ups, freelancers and sole traders who can benefit most from our services within their crucial first 3 years.
This one-year introduction membership is an ideal platform to kick start your business, by extending your network, introducing your brand and accessing vital business information and training. As your business grows so will your Chamber membership to suit your changing needs.
Is Membership right for me?
From our many years of experience, we have developed support for almost every type and size of business there is, regardless of your sector.
Our Membership aims to grow as you do, from the moment you launch to when you first hire staff and beyond. We have a support package for whatever stage your business is at.
Chamber membership is so much more than access to services. It’s access to new connections which could become customers, suppliers, partners or perhaps even friends.
A limited number of funded Memberships are available for eligible* Worcestershire-based start-ups. For all other oganisations, Membership costs only £12.50 per month + VAT.
Would you like to see what else is available? Have a look at the other packages we offer
Starter Members tell us they benefit the most from:
Brand Promotion & PR
Events & Networking
Advice & Support
Training & Coaching
Whatever Membership package you choose, every Member benefits from these incredible inclusive services.
These services are our most popular and whether you’re a sole trade with a Starter Membership or a large multinational Patron Member, you and your staff will all be able to access these fantastic benefits and use them from the moment you join.
Exclusive Primary Healthcare Plan with Westfield Health
HR, Legal, H&S and Tax Support Plan with Quest
Business Healthcare cover with AXA
Discounted Fleet Roadside assistance with the AA
Discounted Foreign Exchange with Moneycorp
Access to Virtual Events
Starter Members are able access a host of online events, throughout the year.
Discounts on Training, Coaching & Consultancy
50% off your first full days training and an ongoing discount based on your Membership level.
Discounts on Events
Members are able to access a host of events free of charge or heavily discounted including tickets to the annual Chamber Business Awards.
Discounts on International Trade Support Services
50% discount on export documentation for those trading internationally and discounts applied to translation services and customs declarations.
Discounts on Exhibitions
Members receive a discount on stand hire for our popular Chamber Business Expo.
Discounts on Advertising
Members receive discounts to advertise in our bi-monthly Business Direction magazine which has a distribution of over 4000 copies.
Member 2 Member Discounts
Members are able to access Member2Member offers which are a range of heavily discounted products and services. New Members can also upload their own.
What is included with the Starter Membership?
*This Membership is for businesses in their first 3 years of trading only
Funded Memberships available for eligible* Worcestershire-based start-ups.
For all other organisations: £12.50+VAT monthly or £150+VAT annually.
- 24 Hour Legal Helpline / Website / Documentation
- 24 Hour HR Helpline / Website / Documentation
- 24 Hour Health and Safety Helpline / Website / Documentation
- 24 Hour Tax Helpline / Website / Documentation
- Legal Expenses Insurance (£1 million cover)
- Use of HW Chamber ‘Member of’ Logo
- Business Direction Magazine (bi-monthly) in print and digital form
- PR, website and social media opportunities to raise your profile
- Chamber Business Support Newsletter
- Chamber Area Newsletter – Herefordshire and Worcestershire
- Online Business Directory listing for your business
- Online Business Directory search – 1,400+ businesses
- Opportunity to promote Member to Member offers
- Entry to the local H&W Chamber Awards and admission to the twice-yearly Chamber Expo’s
- 150+ Networking Events
- Sector Focused Networking Forums and Conferences
- Speaker Opportunities
- 2 free places on our half-day Digital Marketing course
- Phone Line and Account Manager
- Business Support
- International Trade Updates and Advice
- Policy Updates, Lobbying and Advice
- Training Courses (50+ course titles) *excluding bespoke days
- 50% off your first full days training *excluding bespoke days
- Chamber Business Expo stand hire
- Chamber Business Awards tickets
- Regional Networking Events
- 50% discount on export documentation services
- Import and Export Training Courses *excluding bespoke days
- Import and Export Customs Declarations
- Translation Services
- Roadside Assistance (AA)
- Chamber Foreign Exchange (Moneycorp)
- Chamber Primary Health Cash Plan (Westfield)
- Chamber Business Healthcare Plan (AXA)
Funding support for Worcestershire Start-Ups
Enterprising Worcestershire provides support to start, develop and grow your early stage business. For a limited time, they can fund £150 towards your choice of business membership if you are a Worcestershire-based start-up. This will provide you with on-going support and access to a wide range of business services, critical for your early stage business.
This means, that should your quick application by successful, you can get a year’s Starter Membership (worth £150+VAT) funded, and you only need to pay the VAT element of £30.00!
- Eligible applicants must be operating within Worcestershire and have a Worcestershire business address
- The business must have started and have been trading for less than 36 months;
- The applicant must hold a business bank account (a ‘trading as’ account is acceptable);
- The business must have the ability to purchase the membership upfront
- The applicant must have all the necessary permissions and licenses to operate their business;
- The applicant must not have any other outstanding debts payable to partner Councils;
- A business with less than 5 employees
- A sole trader, ltd or partnership;
- A charity.
What Our Starter Members Say:
“After taking the plunge to become self-employed, I was a little overwhelmed by the various offerings of help and support available to me. However becoming a Member of the Herefordshire & Worcestershire Chamber of Commerce was undoubtedly one of the best moves I have made. In the first few months of Membership I attended multiple networking events, benefited from online training sessions and had access to tonnes of advice for small business owners, just like me. The communications I receive make me feel like a valued Member, despite my small company size, and by being able to contribute to the Quarterly Economic Surveys, I know I’m helping to shape economic change.”
– Holly Copson, Copson Social
StarterPrice starts from:
- Ideal for Sole Traders & Freelancers (1-5 employees).
- Starter membership provides new start-up businesses, freelancers and sole traders access to online essential support and an introduction to the services and benefits available from the Chamber of Commerce. Specifically for organisations less than 3 years old.
GoldPrice starts from:
- Ideal for Micro (6-10 employees) & Small (11-49 employees) businesses.
- Small businesses typically benefit from our Gold membership. It’s designed to help you grow your network and widen your reach whilst accessing the full host of our services such as International Trade services, policy, thought leadership and so much more. Find out what’s included in our memberships and what suits your business best.
StrategicPrice starts from:
- Ideal for Medium Businesses (50-100 employees).
- Strategic Membership is the most popular membership with medium sized business who are well established and looking to grow their exposure and reach. Many of these businesses are looking to become thought leaders in their own right and this or Patron Membership is the ideal choice.
- Ideal for Large Businesses (101-199 employees).
- Our Patron Membership package has been designed specifically for large businesses. Tailored to suit the needs of big organisations with complex needs and a large workforce, this membership will position you in the county and wider as one of the leading businesses in the region.