Herefordshire council announces support to dispose of water damaged items

New temporary measures will help residents affected by flooding to dispose of water damaged items following Storm Dennis.

Herefordshire Council are providing a service to collect flood damaged household items from outside residents’ houses. However, they need to ensure that the help is available for those who need it most.

If your house has been flooded and you have water damaged items to dispose of please go online to register for help online or phone 01432 260051. You will be asked for the following details:

  • Location
  • Contact name
  • Contact telephone number
  • Height of flood water at worst
  • Number of houses flooded in the area
  • Are items already outside ready for collection?
  • Quantity of items to be collected

All Household Recycling Centres in Herefordshire are also waiving the need for a permit for commercial type vehicles and trailers until Sunday 1 March, for any resident with flood damaged items they need to dispose of.

 Normal rules prohibiting the use of these facilities by businesses and the deposit of commercial waste still apply.

Opening times and locations can be found here:

To find out more about the support and guidance available please visit