Broadcast live from the DRPG Studios last Friday, the Herefordshire & Worcestershire Chamber of Commerce recognised the hard work and charitable efforts of local businesses and their individuals in the Chamber Champions Awards Ceremony, in partnership with DRPG.
The virtual ceremony saw 8 awards handed out to Herefordshire and Worcestershire businesses and many businesses were also highly commended. The full list of winners were:
- Business Contribution to Charity Award, sponsored by Worcestershire County Council – Level Peaks Associates
- Individual Contribution to Charity Award, sponsored by Sequani – Onside Advocacy
- Accomplishments in Adaptability Award, sponsored by British Business Bank – The Cart Shed Charity
- Kindness in the Community Award, sponsored by Worcester Bosch – Jackson Family Funeral Directors
- Compassionate Customer Care Award, sponsored by EBC Group – Apreco Limited
- Valiant Volunteer Award, sponsored by Blue Print Direct Mail – Worcester Community Trust
- Exceptional Employee Award, sponsored by mfg Solicitors LLP – Jackson Family Funeral Directors & Celtic Marches Beverages (joint winners)
- Successful New Skill Award, sponsored by Malvern Panalytical – Central Roofing and Building Services Ltd
Sharon Smith, CEO of the Herefordshire & Worcestershire Chamber of Commerce, said:
“Congratulations go out to all businesses that were involved with the Awards ceremony. The community spirit shown by businesses when most needed has been superb to witness during the Coronavirus Crisis. Those businesses who were victorious in their categories can take pride and honour in their achievements, the Chamber Champion awards are a way of spotlighting the hard work and determination, that has been shown by businesses and their individuals, to their customers and wider community.”
Dale Parmenter, CEO of DRPG, who hosted the ceremony, said:
“It has been a tough few months for business both nation-wide and locally so it was fantastic to be able to host this ceremony and celebrate all the Chamber Champions who have worked so hard throughout the past year. We were thrilled to lend our production expertise and our studio space to support the Herefordshire & Worcestershire Chamber of Commerce in recognising the hard work and determination shown by the entire local business community. Congratulations to all the winners as well as all those who entered. It is so important in these times that we stand together, support and celebrate each other and it’s our pleasure to produce a virtual experience like this, where guests can acknowledge each other’s achievements and have a bit of interactive fun together.”
The virtual event hosted by presenter, Richard Hurst, saw 200 people log onto the awards ceremony and included a cocktail master class before the main event. Individuals who attended the virtual event commented via social media on the professional presentation and production of the ceremony.
“The #HWChampionAwards is one of the best productions I’ve seen in a long time. In every way it’s slick, professional and subtly glitzy. I feel like I’m watching something on the BBC.” – Elizabeth Armstrong, mfg Solicitors.
All Chamber Champion 2020 Awards winners and runners-up will automatically be submitted to the British Chambers of Commerce for a 2020 UK Business Hero Stamp. A limited number of stamps will be issued to businesses across the county to pay tribute to them, recognising their contribution and demonstrations that they have gone the extra mile to support their local community during the Coronavirus outbreak. A National promotion campaign will follow to showcase the UK Business Heroes and their stories by sharing a selection of case studies, across a range of business sectors, sizes and locations.