A new fund from Visit Britain supporting the events industry recovery will provide financial support to not-for-profit organisations hosting domestic business events from 21 June to 17 December 2021.
The new Domestic Support Fund is designed to offer financial support to kick start the return of business events and to showcase that the UK is ready to meet again and has adapted to new ways of meeting in a COVID-19 secure environment.
Financial support is based on number of delegates attending a live event, or the live component of a hybrid event. The event organisation can apply for £30 per delegate (cash incl. VAT) attending an event. Approved applications will receive financial support, after the event has taken place, and submission of evidence to support total number of attendees.
Offered as a ‘Small Amount of Financial Assistance’ grant scheme, this support is available for events from 100 to 500 people, to a maximum value of £15,000 support. In applying for this fund applications must be clear on why support is needed.
All activities need to take place within the dates 21 June to 17 December 2021 and evidence provided by 1 March 2022.
Applicant organisations must meet the following criteria to apply:
- The applicants are UK not-for-profit organisations, including associations and charities
- The applicants must be in operation for more than a year at the time of application. In exceptional circumstances, applications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
- The events are defined as: meetings and conferences. VisitBritain will not support award ceremonies, AGM’s, incentives, social or family groups, weddings, student, or leisure tour groups
- The events target a domestic audience
- The events attract from 100 to 500 attendees
- The events are live and can include a virtual component. Support is for total attendees to the live element of a hybrid event
How to apply
- Read carefully the Guidelines (PDF) and check if you are eligible to apply. If you need clarification do not hesitate to get in touch.
- If you fulfil the mandatory eligibility criteria, please complete the Application Form (doc) and the following supporting documentation:
- Annex B: Subsidy Control declaration form (doc) – confirming the value of ‘Small Amount of Financial Assistance’ your organisation has received in the last 3 fiscal years
- BTA New Supplier request form (doc) – only applicable if your organisation has not received direct grant payments from VisitBritain before.
- Submit the application form and the supporting documentation to EventSupport@visitbritain.org, with the following reference in the subject line [Domestic Fund/Event name]
The fund is not infinite. It is advised to apply as soon as possible if you are planning to host an event that this fund could support.
What happens next
All applications will be assessed by a panel of industry experts in strict order of receipt against the criteria. The Business Events team will be in touch if additional information is required.
You will be notified if your application of the assessment result within a month from application. If successful, you will receive an offer and a Grant Funding Agreement. Find out more about all the steps from application to grant claim on the Domestic Support Fund roadmap (PDF).
Please note: VisitBritain logo will be provided once the Grant Funding Agreement has been finalised and must be featured on relevant pre-event marketing, collateral and business event website.