Conflict is a fact of life, but many people hate to be caught up in it; indeed many of us actively avoid it. But the way individuals and organisations deal with conflict is important, we need to face up to it, address it and move on.
We all have our vulnerabilities and views that lead to conflict. Busy workplaces, tight deadlines and less time, people and resources all result in behaviour that will create conflict.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed to give you a positive approach to resolving and preventing conflict. You will get the chance to learn and practise techniques to help you resolve conflict positively.
The Business Benefit
• Improved team performance
• Practical tips and techniques that delegates can implement immediately.
• Supports management development
This workshop will show delegates how to:
• Set goals and standards – Let the team know exactly what is expected of them and have clear measurable goals and performance standards to work to.
• Measure performance – Teams work together to accomplish goals, but individuals make up those teams. Assessing performance of individuals and having practical strategies in place to improve the team’s and the individual’s performance
• Improve the impact of feedback – too often we don’t improve a situation when we give feedback, we make it worse, this session will help team leader’s plan effectively to give feedback in a positive and constructive way.
• Use basic coaching or instruction techniques to improve performance and skill levels in the team. Resetting standards and managing competence.