This half-day course will be presented as an interactive workshop; we encourage questions and feedback and will be using live websites and WordPress demos as you progress through the material.
The course starts at 9.00am and finishes at 12.30pm, with a coffee break mid-morning. It will be broken down into the following sections, to guide you through the process of understanding websites and how to most effectively use WordPress.
This highly interactive course will take the format of:
• A WordPress and Website overview
• Site Structure – Adding Posts, Pages, Media and Menus
• Content – Updating and editing Posts and Pages
• Themes, Customisations and Plugins
• Settings, Updates, Hosting and Maintenance
By the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
• Understand and appreciate how websites work, especially ones built on WordPress
• Creating a website structure on WordPress, including posts and pages
• Create and edit posts and pages on WordPress, using the basic WordPress editor and a page-builder
• Select an appropriate theme for your website
• Understand how plugins can be used to improve your website, but also how they can cause issues
• Update your WordPress website, themes and plugins
• Know what to look for when choosing a hosting provider, including backups and security.