“Research indicates that 93% of our message is “how” we communicate and 7% is the content or the “what.”
For most organisations, the telephone is a key tool to communicating with customers. An impression of your whole organisation can often be formed on the quality of one call, and point of contact. This course looks at ‘best practice’ at each stage of a call; and how to manage and steer a call to generate the confidence and respect of your customers. We will also look at ways you can professionally handle the more difficult customer situations.
The telephone is a very effective tool in business, it can help your natural communication skills, making you much more concise and focused than if it were a face to face conversation. It can help you reach exactly the right person, and become a much better listener – because you have to be. For many of us using the telephone effectively is something we can all improve on; this course is designed to help you do just that.
Who is this course designed for?
This course is intended for anyone who recognises the need to improve their communication skills or confidence over the telephone.
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
• Use the techniques for being professional on the telephone
• Make sure that they get the message across effectively
• Improve their listening and comprehension of the other speaker’s needs
• Recognise the importance of active listening and learn to use productive questioning techniques
• Acknowledge and develop your telephone communication style
• Adapt your style to the needs of individual customers
• Choose the right approach for the right situation
• Dealing with and diffusing complaints or conflict situations