Our course on Mentoring in the Workplace is designed to give you practical guidance on setting up and/or improving existing mentoring relationships.
A good mentoring relationship provides your employees and especially new staff with someone that will share their professional knowledge and expertise. It helps employees quickly settle into a new job and develops staff’s careers.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideally suited to those who need to establish and manage the mentoring relationship; to adopt a more ‘hands-off’ empowering style when developing others and make informed decisions about establishing and developing mentoring in your organisation.
Mentoring in the Workplace is run as a full day course that is practical and skills based. You will practise interactive role-play sessions and action planning, to better understand what mentoring is, how it differs from coaching and other forms of people development.
By attending this course delegates will learn:
• Defining Mentoring – what mentoring is and what it isn’t
• Helping mentorees ‘own’ their personal development
• Using questions to develop reflective learning
• Using feedback to GROW people
• Setting learning goals
• Building successful mentoring relationships
• Accentuating the positive
• Action planning