Empowering Your Team to Deliver Results
Effective teams are successful for many reasons but there are a number of things that will be consistent to each of those teams.
The expectations and goals are realistic and measurable and clear to all the team. Performance is assessed regularly and constructive feedback used to help support change. Finally coaching and development are an integral part of the team’s progression, ensuring that the team remains a dynamic and exciting environment to work in.
Course Format and Duration
This one day workshop is part of the “Leading and Supervising the Team” Programme and is also a stand alone workshop to develop leadership skills.
This workshop will show delegates how to:
- Set goals and standards – Let the team know exactly what is expected of them and have clear measurable goals and performance standards to work to.
- Measure performance – Teams work together to accomplish goals, but individuals make up those teams. Assessing performance of individuals and having practical strategies in place to improve the team’s and the individual’s performance
- Improve the impact of feedback – too often we don’t improve a situation when we give feedback we make it worse, this session will help team leader’s plan effectively to give feedback in a positive and constructive way.
- Use basic coaching or instruction techniques to improve performance and skill levels in the team. Resetting standards and managing competence.
The Business Benefit
- Improved team performance
- Practical tips and techniques that delegates can implement immediately.
- Supports management development
Who should attend this course?
This course is part of a short programme of courses intended for Team Leaders and Managers who want to develop their skills. Ideal for staff that have been promoted to a management role without any formal training. Perfect for managers who want to know how to set standards and improve their teams performance.
- Managing People in the Team
- The Effective Managers Series
- Managing Appraisals
What Our Customers say
Being able to discuss individual scenarios made potential outcomes very clear. Held at an excellent venue. Mike Crisp – Tacklesport
Your course tutor
Jon Williams has been a trainer for more than fifteen years. Fully qualified through the CIPD, Jon works in both the public and privates sectors delivering a wide variety or management and personal development training.