The Shell Store Canary Drive Skylon Park Rotherwas Hereford HR2 6SR
A key part of the Team Leaders responsibility is to manage the day to day behaviour of the team members.
This responsibility is important as it sets standards which the rest of the team will follow. The team also look to the leader to deal with problems, manage difficult situations and fallouts between team members. Dealing with these efficiently will affect the levels of trust which develops between the Team Leader and the rest of the team.
Course format and duration
This one day workshop is part of the “Leading and Supervising the Team” Programme and is also a stand alone workshop to develop Team Leadership skills.
The workshop will include:
• Taking responsibility for the standards: a key part of the team leader’s role, managing poor performance as well as motivating good performance.
• Managing behaviour – setting out the expectations of the organisation and the team. Clear indicating what is acceptable and what cannot be accepted. Using the rules of the organisation to manage predictable and safe behaviour within the team and learning about your ‘colour profile’
• Dealing with the more demanding team members – initially informally but also formally when necessary to ensure that working in the team is a safe and enjoyable environment to work in.
• Managing the conflict between team members – there are times when even the most cohesive teams fallout, and when the different groups within the team conflict with each other. Team Leaders need to ensure that this quite natural conflict is managed and that it does not act as a distraction that divides the team.
• Creating an environment of trust – working together to resolve issues can enhance the team, creating a stronger bond and clarity of direction. These sessions will help Team Leaders build the skills and confidence to manage difficult people and situations.