This four-hour course gives delegates an insight in how to lead change in the workplace effectively.
Presented as an interactive workshop this course will improve delegates effectiveness in how they manage change, through examining how people will deal with change and to successfully manage individuals and teams through change.
Who is this course for?
Suitable for anyone who needs an understanding of how to manage change and the difficulties that can come along with change in the workplace. This course may be useful if you are a manager with a responsibility for staff or a team member who influences change in your business.
By the end of this training course you will be able to:
- Reflect on your leadership style and current ways you tend to lead change in your business – recognising your areas for development
- Consider why people respond to change differently and what you could do to bring everyone with you
- Plan more deliberately for change and utilise a range of practical tools to actively involve people in change
- Reflect on your areas for development to model and practice behaviours and language which will more likely result in successful implementation of change
- Determine potential risks associated with change and apply your learning from the session to define your own plan of action to mitigate these risks
Delegates need some knowledge of change and an understanding of how this can affect individuals in the workplace. This course is delivered via Zoom video conferencing platform and all delegates require access to a webcam and microphone.
This course is broken down into the following sections, covering the below topics.
- What is change – the way you approach it?
- Different types of change
- Styles of leadership in change
- Introduction to Insights Discovery
- The Personal Investment Model
- The Law of Diffusion of Innovation
- Resistance to change – how others may approach it?
- Values and beliefs
- Kubler Ross Change Curve
- Likely resistance and behaviours in change
- Building trust with Infinite Leadership – Simon Sinek
- Practical tools to manage change
- Planning tools
- Simon Sinek – Start with Why
- Lean 6Ps
- John Kotter – 8 step process
- PESTLE – external scanning
- McKinsey 7s – internal scanning
- Involving tools
- Creative thinking techniques
- Mind mapping
- Control dartboard
- Modelling great behaviours to positively influence change
- Declan Coyle – The Green Platform
- Questioning and language patterns
- Action planning
- Identification of risks in leading change
- Application of learning to mitigate risks
- Planning tools
- Improved productivity, a better understanding of how to deal with change will result in a happ8ier, more productive office
- Confidence in knowing how to address change and its barriers
- An understanding of how to help manage change within the organisation and how to bring people with you
- Understanding why change is important and why it is something that will continue to happen
Your Course Tutor
Elizabeth Gait has been positively influencing others in Leading Change workshops within small local businesses and large corporate organisations including Motorola, Synlab, Ancala Water Services, Worcestershire & Herefordshire Councils.
With a Masters in Business Administration/Human Resources, she couples this with being a Licensed Insights Discovery Practitioner and NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) Master Practitioner to provide practical and inspiring ways to lead others through change.
She believes in making learning fun and real so you’ll have a good time as well as learning lots of new things!
Managing People in the Team
Managing Performance in the Team
Role of the Team Leader