“Bringing Health and safety to Life!”
Working safely focuses on why health and safety is important, and how individuals can make a real difference to the wellbeing of themselves and others through changing their behaviour.
Working safely is for people at any level, in any sector, needing a grounding in the essentials of health and safety. It meets the government’s guidelines for introductory health and safety training and is a 100% match to the Health and Safety Executive’s ‘passport’ syllabus.
This is a one day interactive course running from 9.30am – 4.30pm.
This course covers:
- Introducing Working Safely
- Defining hazard and risk
- Identifying common hazards
- Improving safety performance
- Protecting our environment
Working Safely: in brief
- A one-day course offering all the basics in a high impact interactive package
- Designed to be fun and get people fully involved and interested
- Jargon-free technical content based on what people need to know in practice, not off-putting legal language
- Clear scenarios drawn from genuine work situations to drive home practical points
- The very latest training tips and suggestions – from grabbing and retaining attention to maximising the training experience and making sure key points are taken on board
- Assessments built into the day’s training – no need for follow-on tests on separate days, taking up valuable work time.
All trainers who deliver Working safely need to have:
- A level 3 occupational safety and health qualification (equivalent to A level standard)
- At least two years’ training experience (with a minimum 50 per cent face-to-face delivery)
- To nominate an IOSH member – to make sure everyone who delivers our courses meet our delivery standards.
IOSH Managing Safely
The Business Benefit
- Nationally recognised and respected certificated training for their team members
- Peace of mind offered by training that’s designed and quality-controlled by the Chartered body for health and safety
- Minimum disruption to working days and shifts – the one-day programme includes the assessment, so there’s no need to free up further time for a test after the course.
- Working safely meets the government’s guidelines for introductory health and safety training and is a 100 per cent match to the Health and Safety Executive’s ‘passport’ syllabus
- Two key areas – health and safety and environmental basics – are covered in a single self-contained session
Introducing a completely new approach to health and safety training Marking success in Working Safely. Delegates who successfully complete the written and practical assessments can choose between IOSH’s Working safely certificate or a credit card-sized ‘passport’ card.