This course is delivered virtually via video conferencing platform, Zoom. Joining instructions will be sent in a separate email once your booking has been confirmed.
Bringing Health and Safety to life!
Working safely focuses on why health and safety is important, and how individuals can make a real difference to the wellbeing of themselves and others through changing their behaviour.
Who is this course for?
Working safely is for people at any level, in any sector, needing a grounding in the essentials of health and safety. It meets the government’s guidelines for introductory health and safety training and is a 100% match to the Health and Safety Executive’s ‘passport’ syllabus.
Delegates need no prior knowledge to attend this course. This course is delivered via Zoom video conferencing platform and all delegates require access to a webcam and microphone. IOSH require all delegates to have a form of ID available to show the trainer at the beginning of the course, and all delegates must be visible on webcam throughout the duration of the training session.
This course is broken down into manageable sections with a coffee break halfway through. This course is interactive with the opportunities to ask questions throughout. All delegates will be provided with a workbook.
This course is broken down into sections and follows a presentation format, with an assessment at the end.
- A one-day course offering all the basics in a high impact interactive package
- Designed to be fun and get people fully involved and interested
- Jargon-free technical content based on what people need to know in practice, not off-putting legal language
- Clear scenarios drawn from genuine work situations to drive home practical points
- The very latest training tips and suggestions – from grabbing and retaining attention to maximising the training experience and making sure key points are taken on board
- Assessments built into the day’s training – no need for follow-on tests on separate days, taking up valuable work time.
By the end of this course delegates will:
- Understand how to work safely
- Be able to define hazards and risks in numerous different scenarios
- Identifying common hazards that can take place in the working environment
- Understand how to improve safety performance and why this is essential within businesses
- How to protect the environment we are working in
- Nationally recognised and respected certificated training for their team members
- Peace of mind offered by training that’s designed and quality-controlled by the Chartered body for health and safety
- Minimum disruption to working days and shifts – the one-day programme includes the assessment, so there’s no need to free up further time for a test after the course.
- Working safely meets the government’s guidelines for introductory health and safety training and is a 100 per cent match to the Health and Safety Executive’s ‘passport’ syllabus
- Two key areas – health and safety and environmental basics – are covered in a single self-contained session
Your Course Tutor
Director of HR at the Chamber, Dawn is responsible for the Health and Safety of the organisation and a Technician level member of IOSH, she successfully delivers the 3 IOSH courses on offer at the Chamber. To date Dawn has delivered IOSH training to over 200 delegates. Having successfully supported several local SMEs providing advice and consultancy services in respect of their internal health and safety programmes, she has also designed and delivered her own range of health and safety courses specific to client’s needs, including induction programs and risk assessment. Dawn’s delivery style is a mixture of presentation, group discussions and interactive work.
- IOSH Managing Safely
- IOSH Managing Occupational Health & Wellbeing