This half-day course will be presented as an interactive workshop; we encourage questions and feedback and will be using live websites and WordPress demos as you progress through the material.
The course starts at 9.30am and finishes at 1.30pm, with a coffee break mid-morning. It will be broken down into the following sections, to guide you through the process of understanding websites and how to most effectively use WordPress.
This highly interactive course will take the format of:
A WordPress and Website overview
- Site Structure – Adding Posts, Pages, Media and Menus
- Content – Updating and editing Posts and Pages
- Themes, Customisations and Plugins
- Settings, Updates, Hosting and Maintenance
By the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
Understand and appreciate how websites work, especially ones built on WordPress
- Creating a website structure on WordPress, including posts and pages
- Create and edit posts and pages on WordPress, using the basic WordPress editor and a page-builder
- Select an appropriate theme for your website
- Understand how plugins can be used to improve your website, but also how they can cause issues
- Update your WordPress website, themes and plugins
- Know what to look for when choosing a hosting provider, including backups and security.
The Business Benefit
A clear understanding how to create an effective website
- Basic knowledge to keep a WordPress website up to date
- An understanding of what to look for when choosing a hosting provider for your website
Your Course Tutor
Ben Feltwell co-founded a digital marketing agency in the West Midlands, Mercia Digital, which specialises in bringing corporate-level design, marketing and PR to small, medium and large busineses across the UK.
Following this, Mercia Digital merged with it’s sister-agency AlphaQuad that specialises in corporate digital marketing, where he managed successful campaigns with many household brands.
At the start of 2018, Ben founded his own marketing agency, Baldur Digital, a marketing agency specialising in websites, digital marketing training and support.
Why not try one of our other courses to compliment your development such as:
- Effective Use of Social Media
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Google Analytics
- Email Marketing
- Effective Professional Proofreading
- Writing Effective Marketing Copy