Trainers: Strong & Herd LLP*
Delivered via GoTo Webinar, all delegates will receive joining instructions before the course takes place.
What is this virtual seminar about?
Using Customs Special Procedures can save you a lot of money but can also prove quite a headache! Whether you already operate Inward Processing relief, or run a Customs Warehouse or would just like to know more, this practical 2 hour session unravels the mysteries and explains the processes of applying for these duty saving procedures.
The session includes:
- What are customs procedures and how can they benefit a business
- Checking the cost of compliance against duty savings
- How can Special Procedures help when the UK exits the Transitional Arrangement with the EU27
- Key points to cover to successfully operate these procedures
Who should attend?
Everyone who has any connection with financial planning and controls, sales or purchases and the international supply chain. This seminar will remove misunderstanding and shine a light on which procedures may be better for your individual business needs. The following are examples of the type of company personnel who need to keep up-to-date:
- Newcomers to international customs procedures
- Shipping department trainees
- Financial Planning teams
- Buyers, purchasing and procurement staff who need to understand the cost of importing, which will include goods from the EU27 from 1.1.2021
- Sales and Customer service administrators who need to understand how the end-use can effect the cost of goods
- Freight forwarders and clearing agents who generally operate these procedures by making the customs declarations
- Management trainees
- Ensure compliance with customs regulations
- Increase your understanding of customs rules
- Provide you with clear guidelines on how to find out what information and documents are required
- Give you the skill to put compliant systems in place within your organisation
- Identify the importance of the export entry declarations and how to read them
- Increase your efficiency by teaching you the jargon of international trade.
- Know where or who to go to for information
*Strong & Herd LLP are well respected consultants and trainers in all areas of International Trade. They work closely with H&W Chamber of Commerce and have alliances with the Institute of Export & International Trade (IOE). The International chamber of Commerce ICC, the British Exporters Association (BEXA), Croner (Wolters Kluwer), HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) and others.