Microsoft Excel is a key competency that supports many day to day functions in an organisation. A working knowledge of this application is important for most employees operating in a business environment. Microsoft Excel is one of the most used applications, across a wide variety of sectors. Having staff that are effective, proficient and efficient in their work will support the smooth running of your business and will support your staff to become more productive.
You’ve been using simply and competently Excel for a while now and feel you would like to really start to get to grip with the major concepts in terms of managing data lists and understanding complex formulas for problem solving.
Here is your chance to learn how to sort and filter data lists whether they be parts, customer or any set of business data. You may also rise to the challenge of learning about IF statements and producing key KPI measures using charting techniques. Perhaps you have only used formulas on one sheet before now you will learn about multi worksheet and workbook linking. All in all, a great course to give you valuable business skills in this popular package.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows processes and minimum knowledge of computer usage is essential. A good knowledge of Excel or attendance on the introductory course.
By the end of this course delegates will know:
• How to create charts and format them
• How to sort lists and create custom sorted lists
• How to apply the Sub total command to a sorted list
• What auto, custom and advanced filtering are all about
• How to use the IF complex formula to resolve various business problems
• To lock cells and apply sheet protection
• To consolidate data across workbooks and worksheets by commands and formulas
• How to use sheet grouping