This course is suitable for those currently working in an export-import environment or who are new to international trade. We recommend attendees complete the Understanding Export & Export Documentation course first, as this includes an introduction to Incoterms.
There is a comprehensive guide on the obligations and costs that a Buyer and Seller have during a sale to include where risk passes from Seller to Buyer during the transaction and highlights commercial implications of this.
What we will cover
• Incoterms – what are they?
• Incoterms – the history
• An explanation of Incoterms, what they ‘do’ and ‘do not do’
• Discuss what documentation they apply to
• Review each of the Incoterms 2020 in detail and explain why EXW should not be used for International Trade
• Understand the risks, costs, and obligations for both the Buyer and Seller
• Insurance Requirements
• To be able to correctly classify shipments to reflect the mode of transport and be appropriate for the goods