What is this virtual seminar about?
In 2 hours learn the key points of what import customs entries are, the key pieces of information needed and how customs import entries are made in the UK and the staged approach the UK Government are bringing in for 1st January 2021 on EU arrivals into the UK. Though this session will not cover each box by box entry field delegates will feel more comfortable reading the export entries and understanding what information is needed by freight companies.The session includes:
• Why export customs entries are needed
• What information must you have to ensure an entries is submitted accurately
• The documentation needed to support the entry and evidence of export
• Compliance, fines and penalties
Who should attend?
This is an important session in light of the UK leaving the Transitional arrangement with the EU at the end of 2020 as every company that imports goods from the EU as well as from non-EU countries will come under these regulations from 1st January 2021. It will ensure you can put compliant systems in place to avoid delays. The following are examples of the type of company personnel who need to keep up-to-date:
• Newcomers to international trade or people only involved occasionally with imports
• Purchasing, Procurement and Shipping department trainees
• Import administrators and managers who have had no formal training
• Buyers, purchasing and procurement staff who need to understand key issues to correctly obtain prices and understand the true “cost of ownership”
• Sales and Customer service administrators who need to understand what they are contracting especially if their goods include imported items
• Freight forwarders and clearing agents who may be asked by their clients to make this important legal decision when entering goods to customs
• Management trainees
• Anyone who has attended the Customs Compliance Tips session and wants more detailed information