This practical and interactive training course is designed for front-line managers who have recently acquired responsibility for HR issues within their team or organisation.
It covers 4 areas of HR management which most managers are likely to encounter:
- Recruitment and Selection
- Objectives and Appraisals
- Performance Management
- Absence Management
Who is this course for?
Managers and supervisors with little or no HR background or experience who have acquired HR responsibilities within their role.
Managers and supervisors who are looking to enhance their skills
The day will be a mix of presentation, practical exercises and role play commencing at 9.30 a.m. and finishing at 4 p.m.
- The importance of a planned recruitment process and structured interviewing
- How to set SMART objectives and conduct an appraisal meeting
- How to approach an under performance issue within your team and how to manage this
- How to recognise when absence is an issue and practical techniques to help you address this
- Overview of the HW Chamber HR website and best practice including a free trial login for those who are non members.
The Business Benefit
Effective people management and leadership is key within any organisation and it is important that managers are given the tools and techniques to help them.
This course will ensure that managers are aware of the importance of “getting it right” to ensure a committed, productive and well-motivated team and to be aware of potential pitfalls which could prove to be costly in the future.
Your Course Tutor
Dawn Hardman is a HR and health and safety professional with many years experience across a range of industry sectors. She has extensive experience of managing a range of HR issues including: recruitment campaigns, absence and performance management, HR policies and training and development.
- Employment Law Update
- Conducting Effective Team Appraisals
- Managing Performance in the Team
- Managing People in the Team
- Role of the Team Leader
- Mentoring in the Workplace