Delivered via GoTo Webinar, all delegates will receive joining instructions via email before the course takes place.
What is this virtual seminar about?
Export Payment training at its best, informative, practical, and fun – yes fun! Ideal for anyone new to such payment mechanisms such as bills of exchange and letters of credit procedures at export it also puts these payments measure in context with other payment terms such as open account. Great as a general overview or practical refresher. The session includes:
- The different methods of payment available in sales contracts
- The key points of linking payment to movement of goods
- Bills of Exchange and how these can work to secure payments
- The pros and cons of Letters of Credit
Who should attend?
Everyone who has any connection with negotiating sales terms and payment methods and the international supply chain. This seminar will remove misunderstanding and shine a light on which terms are better for your individual business needs. The following are examples of the type of company personnel who need to keep up-to-date:
- Newcomers to export contract and export payments
- Sales team who need to negotiate the contracts
- Export administrators and managers who have had no formal training
- Sales and Customer service administrators who need to understand the obligations and challenges of the different payment methods
- Freight forwarders and clearing agents who may be asked to provide shipping paperwork to support payment claims
- Management trainees
- Ensure money is coming into the business as required
- increase your understanding of banking systems with regard to letters of credit
- Provide you with clear guidelines on how choose the relevant payment methods for different transactions
- Give you the skill to put compliant systems in place within your organisation
- Identify the importance of the controlling the payment mechanisms
- Increase your efficiency by teaching you the jargon of international trade.
- Know where or who to go to for information