Trainers: Strong & Herd LLP
What is this course about?
The documents and declarations that are involved in exporting goods can seem baffling. For a new exporter, there’s terminology and rules to understand. And since the UK left the EU, the same rules apply to exports to EU countries, too.
This course will enable you to understand your responsibilities and how to move your goods with the minimum of delays and costs. You will learn about:
• EORI number. What is it, what’s it for and how does your company get one?
• The export declaration process. What’s involved and how it’s done
• Classifying products. Finding the tariff number. Where to get help if you need it.
• Valuing your products. Understanding the rules.
• Origin declarations. What they’re for and how to determine the origin of your goods.
• Export controls. Do your goods need an export licence, a health certificate, or other special documents?
• An overview of the import process. Every export is somebody else’s import. What does the exporter need to do to help the import process be completed without problems?
Who should attend?
Everyone who has any connection with sales or purchases and the international supply chain. This seminar will remove misunderstanding and shine a light on which terms are better for your individual business needs.
The following are examples of the type of company personnel who need to keep up-to-date:
- Newcomers to export or people only involved occasionally with exports
- Shipping department trainees
- Export administrators and managers who have had no formal training
- Buyers, purchasing and procurement staff who need to understand key issues to correctly obtain prices and understand the true “cost of ownership”
- Sales and Customer service administrators who need to understand what they are contracting
- Freight forwarders and clearing agents who may be asked by their clients to make this important legal decision when entering goods to customs
- Management trainees
- Ensure compliance with customs regulations
- Increase your understanding of customs rules
- Provide you with clear guidelines on how to find out what information and documents are required
- Give you the skill to put compliant systems in place within your organisation
- Identify the importance of the export entry declarations and how to read them
- Increase your efficiency by teaching you the jargon of international trade.
- Know where or who to go to for information
Strong & Herd LLP are well respected consultants and trainers in all areas of International Trade. They work closely with H&W Chamber of Commerce and have alliances with the Institute of Export & International Trade (IOE). The International chamber of Commerce ICC, the British Exporters Association (BEXA), Croner (Wolters Kluwer), HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) and others.