This is the big one but you don’t have to be an Excel genius to attend just a very good working knowledge of formulas, charts and sorts and filters.
We aim to make even the most clever function s of a complicated nature relatively easy to understand and put to use. Many people would like to get to grips with pivot tables and macros and we show you how it’s not rocket science but simply a great tool perhaps never explained in layman’s terms before. A course for you if you believe you are at Intermediate levels already.
Who should attend?
Users with a good understanding of Microsoft Excel 2010 who want to expand on their capabilities in a short space of time. Delegates should have a good working knowledge and understanding of the concepts covered in the Introduction and Intermediate courses. If your job involves manipulating and analysing data in Excel, you will find this course very useful. You will also find it helpful if you would like to fill in any gaps in your knowledge.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows processes and minimum knowledge of computer usage is essential. A very good working knowledge of Excel or attendance on the Intermediate course.
By the end of this course delegates will know:
- How to create complex charts and format them
- How to generate text and statistical functions to resolve problems
- What is advanced filtering are all about and how to determine unique records in a list
- How to use the Vlookups complex formula to resolve various business problems
- How to create a Pivot Table and Chart to simplify complex data sets
- The macro development is not complicated!
- Develop key performance measures
- Organise business data in tabular format for managers of all disciplines
- Practical skills that delegates can implement immediately.
- Empower delegates to make an impact in their departments
- Reduce time to perform essential business activities
- Establish a feeling of simplicity rather than complexity in the business
Your Course Tutor
John Legge (BSc (hons) in Computational Science, MIITT, MBCS) has a wealth of experience working as an IT consultant and trainer within the UK. He has worked extensively for many blue chip companies, especially in the manufacturing arena. Within the last few years he has developed courses and run public and one to one IT training in Microsoft Products for a variety of companies, and especially for the H&W Chamber Of commerce. He is a TAP qualified trainer and member of the Institute of IT Trainers.
What Our Customers Say
” The small course group made it very focused & personal to our own needs. I found the course to be very practical rather than flicking through manuals. For average Excel users, this was very useful, totally relevant & is already being used in the workplace. The trainer provided excellent delivery. ” Andy Wyeth – NatWest Bank
Intermediate Microsoft Excel – For staff who have grasped the basics of Excel and wish to increase their knowledge in the creation of more complex sheets, formulas and charts