This is the top-level course most people will attend to gain a deeper knowledge of Excel. You need to have either attended our Intermediate Excel course or be confident in your abilities for charting, sorting, filtering and the IF statement.
We aim to make even the cleverest functions of a complicated nature relatively easy to understand and use. Many people would like to get to grips with pivot tables and macros and we show you how it’s not rocket science, but simply a great tool perhaps never explained in layman’s terms before. A course for you if you believe you are at Intermediate levels already.
Who is the course for?
Users with a good understanding of Microsoft Excel who want to expand on their capabilities in a short space of time. Delegates should have a good working knowledge and understanding of the concepts covered in the Introduction and Intermediate courses. If your job involves manipulating and analysing data in Excel, you will find this course very useful. You will also find it helpful if you would like to fill in any gaps in your knowledge.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows processes and minimum knowledge of computer usage is essential. A very good working knowledge of Excel or attendance on the Intermediate course.
By the end of this course delegates will know:
• How to create complex charts and format them
• How to generate date, text and logical functions to resolve problems
• What advanced filtering is all about and how to determine unique records in a list
• How to use the IF statement and VLOOKUP formula to resolve various business problems
• How to create a Pivot Table and Chart to simplify complex data sets
• That macro development is not complicated!