To provide general fire safety and awareness training, and, additionally, to cover subjects which are specific to the duties of a fire warden in order to equip them to carry out their duties effectively and safely both in a fire and non-fire emergency role.
Due to the length of this course, there is sufficient time for a practical element of the course to be staged, which will enable all delegates not only to identify and select the correct fire extinguishers, but also to use them on an individual basis under the supervision of our trainer. Protective gloves and glasses will be provided, and delegates will only be asked to do this if they wish to.
Who this Course is for?
This Level 2 course, regulated by Ofqual, is ideal for staff who may, as part of company fire procedures, have additional responsibilities for fire safety in the workplace, or simply wish to increase their knowledge of general fire safety procedures.
- Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
- Legal duties of employers and employees with respect to fire safety in the workplace
- Penalties of not complying
- The common causes of fires in the workplace
- Components of the fire triangle
- The damaging effects of workplace fires
- How to identify hazards during and after a fire
- The characteristics of fire and smoke spread
- Identifying and controlling fire hazards
- How to implement fire control methods
- Fire exits and providing a clear means of escape
- Fire detection and how to raise the alarm confidently
- Managing the evacuation process
- Common firefighting systems
- How to extinguish fires
- The use of portable firefighting equipment including practical hands on experience
- The importance of fire risk assessments and who carries them out
- The stages of a fire risk assessment
- How to carry out fire safety inspections
- Understanding and inspecting fire-fighting equipment and systems
- The important role of a fire marshal including duties and responsibilities