November 10th-14th sees the return of UK Trade & Investment's (UKTI) hugely popular Export Week. A week long event that provides seminars, workshops and market briefings to provide practical advice on doing business overseas.
The week long fiesta of events gives the opportunity for businesses in Herefordshire & Worcestershire who export, or are interested in exporting, the opportunity to gain valuable knowledge about market trends, emerging markets, and most importantly, network with likeminded business delegates.
Whilst there is a variety of different events being held across numerous locations within Birmingham, the main event is 'Explore Export', being held on Wednesday 12 November. Explore Export gives attendees the chance to meet face-to-face with commercial experts from British Embassies from over 60 countries around the world, including all of the high-growth economies that offer great export opportunities.
But, that isn't all that is happening. You don't need to be in Birmingham to benefit from Export Week, as plenty of things are going on back here in Worcestershire, on social media channels, and even over in China!
The Chief Executive of the Chamber of Commerce, Mike Ashton, is currently on a Worcester Ambassadors business delegation in China. Led by the MP for Worcester, Robin Walker, the trip is aimed at creating links with business and political leaders across two regions, sharing tips on increasing tourism and inward investment. The trip to the far east shares similarities with a visit that Robin's Father, Peter, the former Worcester MP, embarked on, resulting in Yamazaki Mazak, now one of the cities biggest businesses, relocating to Worcester.
UKTI are running a social media campaign for all the budding 'tweeters' out there. We will be tweeting in-house using the #ExportWeek hashtag, sharing our own tips for exporting success, whilst encouraging you to do the same.
There are two specific events occurring in Worcestershire during the week. On Thursday, Svetlana Bystritskaya, Russian Commercial Officer, will be visiting some of Worcester's key manufacturing exporters to discuss the opportunity to export to Russia. Friday sees some of the regions most successful exporters join together for an exporting roundtable at the Worcester Cricket Club, in an event designed to highlight the key challenges and opportunities for local exporters.
Linda Smith, Head of UKTI at the Herefordshire & Worcestershire Chamber of Commerce, said: "Export Week is a really great opportunity for those who export, and those who don't, to attend a variety of events, network with similar businesses, share top exporting tips and maybe create new business opportunities. Whether you are attending events in Birmingham or Worcestershire, or just keeping up to date with #ExportWeek on social media, the week represents a great opportunity to develop local businesses export portfolios."
A full list of Export Week events can be found below.
West Midlands Export Week Events:
Monday 10 November
• Overseas business workshop: Birmingham Science Park
• Taking on Brazil : Birmingham Science Park
• Webinar: Introduction to Import / Export :Web-based
Tuesday 11 November
• Commercial Officer from India to hold one-to-ones with firms: Black Country Chamber of Commerce
• Metnet Conference 2014: Ludlow Racecourse, Shropshire
• Emerging Europe: Ricoh Arena, Coventry
• Website optimisation and social media: De Vere Conference Centre, Birmingham
Wednesday 12 November
• ACCA Business growth summit: The studio, Birmingham
• Explore Export: The ICC, Birmingham
• Webinar: Introduction to Import / Export: Web-based
• International Sales & Marketing: The Moat House, Staffordshire
Thursday 13 November
• Women-led business: Austin Court, Birmingham
• Commercial Officer from Russia to hold one-to-ones with firms: Herefordshire & Worcestershire Chamber
Friday 14 November
• Start-up Global: Millennium Point Birmingham
• Webinar: Introduction to Import / Export : Web-based
• Staffordshire Exporters event: Drayton Manor Hotel, Tamworth
• Export Roundtable: Worcestershire County Cricket club
• Staffordshire Exporter: Tower Brewery, Burton on Trent
• Commercial Officer from Los Angeles, USA, to hold one-to-ones with firms: Birmingham Chamber of Commerce
Wednesday 19 November
• MINT: The next powerhouses: Ricoh Arena, Coventry.
For more information contact UKTI on 0845 641 1613