Handelsbanken Worcester reports an encouraging start to the year, following strong 2015 annual results for the bank in the UK
Handelsbanken has credited another successful year of growth to the loyalty of its local branch customers. The 144-year-old bank has published its full year 2015 annual results and reveals an 11 per cent rise in lending to British customers (Q4 ’15 vs Q4 ’14). Over this period, UK business lending increased 8 per cent, to £10.36 billion, while lending to personal banking customers rose 17 per cent, to £5.09 billion. UK customer deposits increased 13 per cent over the same period, to £8.69 billion.
Run by a team of 12 experienced local bankers, Handelsbanken Worcester is one of 206 British branches*, stretching from Inverness to Truro, Colwyn Bay to Canterbury. Handelsbanken puts this continuing growth, including 19 new branches announced in 2015, down to a clear, long-term focus on customer satisfaction, prudent banking and cost efficiency. This local, customer-led approach has seen the bank rated top for satisfaction and loyalty for the last seven years, in an independent annual survey of British banks’ personal and business customers**. This focus was also recognised in the government-backed Business Banking Insight survey***, published last month, where Handelsbanken received the highest customer ratings across all sizes of SME designated by the survey.
Phil Dutton, manager of Handelsbanken’s Worcester branch commented: “This year’s results show another predictably consistent performance for Handelsbanken, once again highlighting the strength of our unique local banking model.”
Anders Bouvin, Handelsbanken’s UK Chief Executive, comments: “We know that having a local presence in the communities we serve is important to our customers. They value a personal relationship based on trust and responsibility, being able to talk to a decision-maker who knows their circumstances, which is a vital part of our traditional banking model. We aim to complement, rather than replace this, with our digital services.”
Handelsbanken also reaffirmed its robust capital and liquidity positions and its low credit loss ratios, which have earned the Swedish-headquartered bank among the highest credit ratings of any international bank. The bank was recently again judged one of the world’s strongest banks by financial information provider, Bloomberg****.
Businesses and individuals can contact Handelsbanken’s Worcester branch by 01905 360728 or by visiting Unit 4, The Triangle, Wildwood Drive, Worcester WR6 2QX.
A few Handelsbanken highlights (since start of 2015):
• 200th British branch announced, in the market town of Chippenham.
• Placed top of an independent survey of British bank customers, for the seventh year running**.
• Most highly rated bank in a UK government-backed survey of SME customers***.
• Ranked one of the world’s strongest banks by Bloomberg, the only European bank to have featured each of the five years this ranking has been published****.
• Received the FT’s global Boldness in Business Award for corporate responsibility / environment*****.
• Received awards for Best Private Bank (FT Investors Chronicle), Best Customer Service Provider of the Year – Western Europe (International Banker), and Best Overall Medium Firm for wealth and investment management business, Heartwood******.